WORLD THANK OFFERING
United Methodist Women express gratitude for our blessings, with gifts for the World Thank Offering. This offering helps with the many global ministries for women, children and youth.
Our World Thank Offering Program will be Tuesday, Nov. 22nd, 6:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Thank you.
United Methodist Women continue the tradition of reading for spiritual growth and to learn more about mission, social action, leadership and nurturing for community. The 2023 Reading Program List can be accessed below.
TERRI LYNN NUT SALE FOR MISSIONS
United Methodist Women will again be selling delicious Terri Lynn Nuts. The items all come in resalable 1# bags unless otherwise indicated. The proceeds of the sale support annual mission work both locally, and in other parts of the country. We will do our best to have the nuts available to you before the Thanksgiving holiday. Your previous salesperson will soon be contacting you, or if your salesperson is no longer available, you will be assigned a new one. You may also call Cindy Neff at 740-837-0762 or any UMW member for assistance. Thank you very much for supporting this endeavor.
Pecan Halves $13.00 Pecan Pieces $12.00
English Walnuts $11.00 Deluxe Mixed Nuts $11.50
Giant Cashews $11.00 Roasted Almonds $9.50
Almond/Cranberry Granola $9.00 Sweet/Salty Trail Mix $9.00
Chocolate Pecans $11.00 Chocolate Cashews $11.00
Chocolate Cov. Raisins – $8.50 Bridge Mix $9.50
Chocolate Peanuts $8.50 Malted Milk Balls $9.00
Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters (9oz box) $10.00
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels (8oz box) $10.00
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN MISSION GIVING
Participating in UMW activities gives women of the church opportunities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and mission outreach. Our mission giving is explained below.
Our pledges support United Methodist Missions throughout the nation and world. We also send gifts directly to two West Ohio Conference sites – Wesley Community Center in Dayton and Wesley Education Center in Cincinnati.
The corn broom sales and Mother’s Day Bake Sale provided income for our unit to donate to the following local ministries in 2021:
- Manna Food Pantry – distributes food in the Southeastern community.
- Houston Fund – provides assistance to those in need.
- Sufficient Grace – helps to alleviate childhood hunger by sending boxed meals for children to take home after school.
- Project Women – provides services to: protect, educate and empower.
- Habitat for Humanity – focuses on building homes & providing services to low-income families.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network – helps individuals and families overcome Homelessness
- Nehemiah Foundation – provides a network for Christian churches and ministries to amplify their positive impact in building God’s kingdom in Springfield and Clark County.
- In addition, gifts are sent to United Methodist Advance Global Ministries – Red Bird Christian School and Heifer International.