CALL TO PRAYER AND SELF DENIAL – March 17th at 6:30 pm
Join United Methodist Women on Thursday, March 17th, at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall, for the 2022 ‘Call to Prayer and Self Denial’ observance. Learn how our gifts can make a difference in the world, turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth in every corner of the world.
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN MISSION GIVING
Participating in UMW activities gives women of the church opportunities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and mission outreach. Our 2021 mission giving is explained below.
Our pledges support United Methodist Missions throughout the nation and world. We also send gifts directly to two West Ohio Conference sites – Wesley Community Center in Dayton and Wesley Education Center in Cincinnati.
The corn broom sales and Mother’s Day Bake Sale provided income for our unit to donate to the following local ministries in 2021:
- Manna Food Pantry – distributes food in the Southeastern community.
- Houston Fund – provides assistance to those in need.
- Sufficient Grace – helps to alleviate childhood hunger by sending boxed meals for children to take home after school.
- Project Women – provides services to: protect, educate and empower.
- Habitat for Humanity – focuses on building homes & providing services to low-income families.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network – helps individuals and families overcome Homelessness
- Nehemiah Foundation – provides a network for Christian churches and ministries to amplify their positive impact in building God’s kingdom in Springfield and Clark County.
- In addition, gifts are sent to United Methodist Advance Global Ministries – Red Bird Christian School and Heifer International.